Sooo finished for today.
- got my subscription for the NYTimes working again
- got all my stuff at work checked in and handed over to colleagues
- one last day at work will hopefully just a relaxing and smooth one with saying goodbye before leave starts!
- really happy how the first half of the year went by
- looking forward to the long leave period. oh boy you have no idea how much I am looking forward to this
@firstname.lastname@example.org Oh yeah, a long leave sounds awesome. Enjoy! How long will you be able to do just what you want to?
My workday didn’t went so smoothly for me. When implementing tests for a hotfix I refactored some test helpers and then found out that a mock structure was wrongly implemented for ages. After fixing it, three tests failed. Two could be solved by fixing the test setups. But the third test failure turned out to be even another severe bug in one of our production code functions. Good old nil pointer dereference panics. Somebody thought it’s a good idea to rewrite
(nil, ErrNotFound) of type
(*Data, error) to
(nil, nil). After handling the returned error in the caller (in this case, there was no error anymore) nobody had the possible nil pointer on their radar. Bad design. To be reworked in the future after bringing the hotfix on its way.
I then also found another inconsistency of our storage implementations. When removing something that does not exist, some return
ErrNotFound instead. Oh dear. This will cause some aftermath, I tell you.
At least all of those side quests didn’t happen in the wild yet.